Your coworkers would RATHER do extra work to cover for you than catch whatever horrible illness you bring to work. Seriously . . . it’s okay to take a sick day when you clearly have tuberculosis.
A new survey found 82% of companies say they don’t want sick people coming in . . . and 42% of employees say the worst thing someone can do when they’re sick is come in.
But . . . 85% of people admit that they’ve gone into work even though they were sick. Here are the top five reasons why . . .
1. They felt well enough to work, 36%.
2. They didn’t want to fall behind, 32%.
3. They don’t get sick days, 12%.
4. They wanted to save their sick days, 9%.
5. Their boss would be upset if they didn’t come in, 4%.