Steven McGarrity (ED) and Andrew Neuhauser, supervising attorney with Legal Aid joined Gary Rivers Monday morning to talk about the state’s new Lead Abatement Program, which is now available to residents.
The newly expanded Medicaid program can help eligible families remove poisonous lead from their homes.
They spoke to Gary on:
- The dangers of lead and where it can be found
- How parents can find out if their children are being poisoned
- What to do if your child has elevated levels
- How renters (as many low-income families are) can work with their landlords to mitigate the issue
- How this new expansion program could help the most vulnerable families in our communities who are living in poverty