Early, Absentee Voting Underway in Stark, Across Ohio
CANTON, Ohio (News/Talk 1480 WHBC) – The 2019 General Election is, actually underway!
Tuesday is the first day of early voting at county Board of Elections offices across Ohio.
You can vote during regular board hours for the next few weeks, with extended hours the week and weekend before the election.
You can also request an absentee ballot be sent to you by mail.
Here’s information from the Stark County Board of Elections:
Voters may vote early in person at the Stark County Board of Elections office starting 29 days prior to the election.
Voters will be required to provide a form of identification or complete a paper application. The following forms of identification are acceptable for voting in-person absentee:
– An unexpired Ohio driver’s license or state identification card with present or former address;
– A military identification;
– A photo identification issued by the United States government or the State of Ohio, that contains the voter’s name and current address and that has an expiration date that has not passed;
– An original or copy of a current (within 12 months) utility bill with the voter’s name and present address;
– An original or copy of a current (within 12 months) bank statement with the voter’s name and present address;
– An original or copy of a current (within 12 months) government check with the voter’s name and present address;
– An original or copy of a current (within 12 months) other government document (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections) that shows the voter’s name and present address.
In-Person voting will take place from October 8 – November 4 . The hours for in-person voting are below:
October 8 – October 25 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
(Note per Secretary of State: Board of Elections offices will be closed on Columbus Day, October 14)
October 28 – November 1 8:00 am – 7:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
November 2 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Saturday)
November 3 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (Sunday)
November 4 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Monday)
The office is located at:
3525 Regent Ave NE
Canton, Ohio 44705