CANTON, Ohio (News Talk 1480 WHBC) – The issue Tuesday night is the cold.
We’ll see the coldest temperatures of the season so far.
AccuWeather says we’ll drop to five degrees above Tuesday night.
The record low for February 17 is 13 below though, so we won’t be challenging that.
Places to Stay Warm
+++All SARTA transit centers opened early Tuesday to provide a place of warmth.
+++Refuge of Hope located at 715 Second St. NE, Canton, OH 44704 will be open as a warming center, with hot coffee and meals:
• Tuesday, February 16 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
• Friday, February 19 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
• Saturday, February 20 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(Please enter through Door #3. Temperatures will be taken. Masks will be provided with guidance used for distancing)
+++The Edward “Peel” Coleman (Southeast) Community Center located at 1400 Sherrick Rd SE, Canton, OH 44707 will be open:
• Tuesday, February 16 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 AM Wednesday morning
• Friday, February 19 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 AM Saturday morning
• Saturday, February 20 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 AM Sunday morning
(SARTA will also provide evening and morning bus service from the community center to the Cornerstone Transit Center)
++++Salvation Army located at 420 Market Avenue South, Canton, OH 44702 (330-453-0159):
(Masks available, temperatures will be taken, hot beverages and food available)