Kitchen Fire Forces Evacuation Of Grocery Store
(News/Talk 1480 WHBC) – A grocery store had to be evacuated due to a fire in the kitchen area.
It happened at the Fishers Foods at 4401 Tuscarawas Street West at around 11 a.m. Thursday.
WHBC News was told on the scene that it was a grease fire that started in a deep fryer.
The suppression system activated but it didn’t put out the fire completely.
The Perry Township Fire Department took care of the rest of the flames.
No employees or customers were injured.
“Thank you to the local fire department, police and other first responders for their swift action and our employees that handled the situation perfectly,” said Alex Fisher, director of store operations for Fishers Foods.
He says the health department inspected the building and the store was able to quickly reopen.