Older people try to help younger people with “Words of Wisdom” but do they listen?
March 18, 2021 6:32AM EDT
There’s a lot we can all learn from older people, and now some retirees are sharing some words of wisdom we can all benefit from.
- In a new British survey, which can easily translate here, retirees are sharing some of their biggest regrets of their life, as well as advice for young people today.
- The survey notes that 67% of retirees admit to having some regrets about their life, including
- Not traveling the world (44%)
- Worrying about what other people thought (43%)
- Not keeping physically fit (40%)
- But even with their regrets, 69% of retirees say they live a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- And 89% say they may be old, but they are still young at heart.
So, what advice would retirees give to young folks these days? Well, words of wisdom include:
- Treat others how you’d like to be treated yourself
- Manners don’t cost a thing
- Always try your best
- Accept a company pension scheme if offered
- Don’t spend all your time on social media and live in the real world
- Start saving for retirement in your twenties
- Don’t take anything for granted
- You don’t have to go to university for a successful career
- Hold onto those closest to you
- Be confident in your own skin
- Respect your elders
- Enjoy your youth
- Never give up
- Do what makes you happy
- Family comes first
Source: SWNS Digital