We’re officially one week into the New Year. Here’s a list of five household things you should toss to start 2022 off right . . .
1. Old documents. Stuff like super old tax documents and bank and credit card statements can all be shredded. It’s also a good time to toss old takeout menus, junk mail, and expired coupons. If you want to hold onto something, you can always scan it and store it in the cloud with Dropbox or Google Drive.
2. Damaged kitchenware. Stuff like Tupperware that’s stained or missing its lid . . . chipped drinking glasses . . . or a pan that has just a few too many scratches.
3. Expired fridge and pantry items. The beginning of a new year is a good time to go through your fridge and pantry, because anything with an expiration date in 2021 can be tossed.
4. Clothes you don’t wear. Or stuff that’s worn out, doesn’t fit, or was a gift but never used.
5. Junk drawer items. Go through them and toss any pens that don’t write, dead or expired batteries, empty tape dispensers, out-of-date phone chargers, and other unusable items.
a fan is taking legal action against New York’s NFL teams. A $6 billion lawsuit was filed in a Manhattan federal court in January that demands both the Giants and Jets abandon MetLife Stadium in New Jersey and return to playing in New York by 2025.
Court papers have also asked that both teams be rebranded as the East Rutherford Giants/Jets for as long as they play in the Garden State.
The lawsuit seeks $2 billion in monetary damages and $4 billion in punitive damages, with legal claims against the two teams including false advertising and deceptive practices. The lawsuit claims that the plaintiff and the class, which includes all Giants and Jets fans that live in New York, have suffered “mental and emotional damage, including depression, sadness and anxiety … as a result of the Defendants’ conduct.”
Coca-Cola makes Fresca, and they’ve just announced that they’re going to start producing an ALCOHOLIC version later this year. It’ll be called Fresca Mixed, and the flavors will be “inspired by recipes created by Fresca fans [worldwide].”
It’s unclear what the alcohol content will be. But last year, Pepsi announced an upcoming spiked version of Mountain Dew,
which will be 5% alcohol.
Here’s When Most People Will Give Up Dry January
As for why most people fail to complete the booze-free month:
As for why they attempted it in the first place:
The 79th Annual Golden Globe Awards will take place on Sunday. However, it’ll be a far cry from what it usually is. The private ceremony won’t be live-streamed and the winners will be announced via a press release when it’s over.
Check out the nominations in the movie categories at WHBC.Com Kenny & JT show page.
Best Motion Picture – Drama
Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
Best Actress in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy
Best Actor in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture
Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture
Best Director – Motion Picture
Ohio State Buckeyes men’s basketball team showed a lot of rust and were blown out in Indiana last night 67-51
It was Ohio State’s second game since Dec. 11th.
The Buckeye’s now 9-3, 3-1 in conference will host Northwestern Sunday at 5:30
The Cavaliers are on the road tonight at Portland tip off at 10pm.
The Cavs at 21-17 have cooled off a little and are 5-5 over their last 10 games
out for the Blazers, CJ McCollum (lung), Damian Lillard (abdominal), Larry Nance is day to day with a knee injury.
Cedi still out for the Cavs in the health and safety protocols. Okoro out with elbow and Rajon Rondo dat to day reconditioning.
Today is Friday, January 7, 2022
Today in Sports History
1927 – In Hinckley IL, the Harlem Globetrotters played their first game. The Globtrotters have won 27,000 & lost 345.
1994 – Nancy Kerrigan withdrew from the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Detroit. The previous day her right leg was severely bruised in an attack following a practice session.
1994 – Tonya Harding won the U.S. Figure Skating championship.
Nicolas Cage is 58 (“Valley Girl,” “Moonstruck,” “Leaving Las Vegas,” “National Treasure,” “Ghost Rider”)
Kenny Loggins is 74
Big & Rich’s John Rich is 48 (play save a horse ride a cowboy)